Monday, November 26, 2012

THANK YOU FUSION!


In this season of Giving Thanks, we are all reminded to think about and appreciate all of the normal, everyday things we can at times take for granted. Today, the clients at Fusion would like to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all of the wonderful, dedicated, talented, and simply put: awesome instructors. Thank you all for the time you spend creating workouts, perfecting moves, coming up with new things, researching trends, and being here day after day to inspire, educate, and help us transform ourselves inside and out. We all want you to know that Fusion is more than just a place to work out—it’s a community of like-minded, friendly women who bond over the sweat, laughter, and camaraderie that just naturally blooms each hour we all come together. Every day you all come to work to motivate the fitness goals and attitudes of your clients, but you guys have created something even stronger. Something that many of us have a hard time explaining, but something we all feel has not only strengthened our bodies, but our minds too. Through your dedication and pure enjoyment that is apparent during every class, you have turned Fusion into a haven and a place we could not have found anywhere else. Here’s to all the instructors—Thank You, Thank you, Thank you.

 

 

I call Fusion my "happy place." No matter what I have going on in my day the second I step through that door it all disappears! It is such a fun, positive, and motivating environment. I owe that to the Fusion instructors. Each and every one of them amazes me. It is such an inspiration to see their dedication to fitness and to making our lives better. Thank you to ALL of the instructors for pushing me to work hard each and every class! You are what makes Fusion simply the best.
--JULIE KEMNA









I was a collegiate NCAA soccer player, and after having 2 children and 3 ACL reconstructions, I struggled to get in a workout that made me feel good. Then I found FUSION FITNESS in its beginning months of opening.....I've been hooked since! I love how my entire body still "hurts so good" after each and every workout! They always keep me guessing and it truly is a workout that I could do the rest of my life!! Even the modifications for my knees doesn't change!!! I love all you Fusion Ladies and thank you for the BEST workouts EVER!                                                
--KERRI GAILLARD

 




 
Thank you so incredibly much for all of your hard work and for making Fusion the very best place in the world to workout! I love being surrounded by so many strong and healthy girls. I love your energy and seeing so many amazing girls working their butts off...or butts 'on' in my case since mine is as flat as a pancake otherwise! I feel lucky that we have such a special and progressive place here in KC. I am totally hooked and adore you all! Thank you thank you thank you!! xoxoxo
--LORA GARRISON

 

 

 
I am thankful for all of the inspiring instructors and dedicated women who somehow manage to make working out (even at 5:30 am) FUN, and for all of the amazing friendships I have made through Fusion. I feel incredibly lucky to be surrounded by such strong, positive and hilarious women – thank you! --MEGAN OCHS

 
 


 
 
 
I am very thankful for Fusion! Thankful for Darby and all of the teachers who work so hard to make me work hard. For how it makes me feel, and for creating such an amazing environment to get healthy and fit and to meet and make new friends while doing it. Thank you. :)                     
--MINDY WILSON
 

Fusion is so important in my life. Every Sunday night I look at my week and decide how my schedule will fit around my Fusion workouts. I would rather be at Fusion than teaching my own cycle class. There has never been a workout or place that I want to go and enjoy more than Fusion. I see it as part of my mental health. On a day that I can't make class, I am flat out mad and grumpy the rest of the day. My children have a much happier Mother, and my marriage to Tim is stronger. Thank you to each of you instructors for always pushing me. Every class I am striving to do the best I can. Each of you inspire me to be the best. Like you always say... Go Big, or Go Home! Love it and I love Fusion!!! --MARI PLATT


 

4:55 am . . . the alarm goes off and not once, in 2 years, have I hesitated to get up and go to Fusion. My husband laughed when he found out I was going to start the early classes and to this day he is in shock. If not for the amazingly talented instructors and friends that I’ve made, that might be different. I am so grateful for the time they spend creating such challenging classes and motivating tunes. Being healthy is not only a gift to myself, but for my family, and for that I am so thankful for Fusion!--TANYA LANTER











 
Remember this, 2009 Fusion attendees? Darby and fabulous Fusion friends, THANK YOU for keeping us inspired for so many years! Physically, mentally, musically, and sweatingly! SO much love and gratitude to you!!!! --LAURIE MORRISSEY

 








I have something new to be thankful for this Thanksgiving…Fusion Fitness! I discovered Fusion through the Weight Loss Bootcamp last February and have become hooked! Shawna Wright was such an incredible motivator and leader during the 12 weeks of bootcamp and its still wonderful to see her periodically in classes or when she invites WLBC alums back for a workout with the current session. I am thankful to her for supporting and pushing me as I got a jumpstart on getting my health back on track. Now, I am thankful for ALL of the Fusion classes and instructors…especially Sadie and her insanely hard Fusion Mix classes, Darby and her high energy Bikini Bootcamp class, Amy Person and her lean and mean Barre Intensity class and Jacqui and her calorie scorching Circuit Circus class! I have never had a workout or class push and challenge me like Fusion and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful for being able to share my new love of Fusion with family and friends, old and new alike! Happy Thanksgiving!     --REBECCA ARBUCKLE



 
I hate cardio (gasp! I know) and I would rather spend all day in a weight room than even think about running. But, I know that I need cardio to keep myself healthy and burn some calories. I tried class after class at my big box gym and it was BORING, plus I needed to spend another hour afterwards working out to make up for all that those other gym classes lack. And that's where Fusion comes in. I love all of the instructors but take most classes with Darby and Sadie. They push me harder than I could ever push myself and challenge my body differently every single class. Fusion is the one form of cardio that I truly do love and look forward to every week. Fusion rocks in every way from the amazing instructors to the killer music, wonderful staff and all of the friendly smiling faces that help me make it through that brutal but awesome hour. Thank you Fusion!!!! --COLLEEN UZELAC





 
I started Fusion on January 29 of this year when I started Weight Loss Boot Camp. I was completely intimated by everything about Fusion - the workout, the awesome bodies, even the clothes. Ten months and 60 pounds later I can say I have found the Fusion community to be so encouraging and supportive. I am so thankful for WLBC and Amp Camp and for Shawna, our trainer and motivator extraordinaire. I appreciate the killer workouts and inspiring words from ALL of the amazing instructors, but especially those who somehow manage to get us going so hard in the classes I frequent at 5:30 am - that's you Darby, Sadie, and Jacqui! Mostly though I am thankful to have found Fusion women who make it such a positive environment. The bond of getting through tough classes together provides inspiration and motivation on my journey to a happier, healthier me!
--ALLISON TAYLOR







 
At the risk of sounding too sappy, Fusion has been my much needed kick in the butt, the hardest thing I've ever done, somewhat of an obsession, and one of my favorite things to do on the planet. What I love the most about Fusion is 100 percent of the time, every instructor helps you to feel welcomed and inspired from the minute you walk into the door up until the time you leave a sweaty, exhilarated mess. The energy and challenge (and music!) of the classes motivate me to do my best -- even if I can only sorta figure out what I'm doing. THANK YOU to the fabulous and amazing Fusion instructors for helping me stay fit, healthy and sane...you truly are the absolute best!
--ANGIE CARROLL

 
 
 




 
 

 
WOW...I am so glad I overheard some gals talking about Fusion Fitness at my fitness center...old fitness center! I bought 10 passes to see what it was all about and also attended my 'regular' classes at the gym where I would spend 2+ hours working out 4-5 times a week. After my initial 10 classes, I was hooked! I cancelled my gym membership and bought the unlimited monthly pass working out for only 1 hour at a time and getting even better results. Being a college athlete, like many Fusionistas, I’ve found this is the best work out I have done. I love the inspiration from the instructors and how they never let down...and keep pushing and pushing and pushing! Just the moment I'd like to throw my little 2 pound weight at Darby, she flashes that dimple or when I’ve had enough with Sadie she looks right at me and tells 'us' to pull my abs in as I see her washboard stomach through her shirt and know she has twins, TWINS! I mentally feel like I'm 19 again and in college pre-season and then realize I've had four babies and my body doesn't recover quite as quickly. I love being sore. Better yet, I love where I'm sore! I love the music. I love that it's always new to me and my body. I love how the music is so loud you can zone in and try to not think about the burn. I love how strong I feel since I have started- walking up the stairs, carrying my baby, getting out Christmas tubs, it doesn't matter. I don't love my butt and my abs don't look like our beloved instructors and I sure can't hold my leg up even half as high as them. But I also like goals, so there is my goal! Baby steps, after all, I've only been doing it about 2 months! Thank you girls for your constant motivation, great classes, and great bodies! --JESSICA MCCARTY



 

I want to take a moment and say thank you to Darby and all the wonderful instructors at Fusion. Fusion Fitness has become such an important and integral part of my life and daily routine. Not only does it shock my body it has also shocked my mentality. Whether in exercise or in life, routine has a way of setting in and it’s easy to be on autopilot. I love how everything you bring to Fusion is fresh. The colors, the music, but most importantly the energy you bring to class. You ladies work so hard and create such a positive environment for us. Thank you!
--IZZI LIEBERMAN







Fusion is the most incredible work out imaginable.
The Fusion experience as a whole is life changing.
The environment itself is uplifting, full of women all working towards the same goal.
We all come for the incredible work out and the instructors never disappoint. Never ever.
Starting/ending the day with a Fusion class makes me a better human.
A better mother, a better wife, a better employee (sort of), a better friend and etc......
Being so used to the Fusion schedule, the first day of my daughter’s school (PDO mind you) I dropped them off a bit before 9:40, school starts at 9:00..... Not only did I look like a lunatic but I also missed my 9:40 class :).
Fusion is addicting not only because of the insane workouts that work, but because of the superwomen that teach these classes. The instructors keep you motivated, keep you sweating, keep you moving and keep you coming back. They are brilliant. Darby is brilliant.
I kid not when I say they are super human. Seriously.
Sadie kills it every class and without any doubt I walk out of there feeling better and telling myself I will look/feel better due to this.
I am beyond words thankful for Fusion and the instructors. At Thanksgiving dinner when I will say, "I am thankful for Fusion," my husband and kids will not be surprised.
 --BRITTANY DEUPREE

 

 
After a year of coming to Fusion nearly every day, I can say with bold certainty that stumbling into a Fusion class was the most productive mistake I’ve ever made. Without sounding like a total cheese ball, Fusion has become something far more than a workout for me. It’s my reset button. It’s community. It’s structure, challenge, discipline, and even friendship. And though I’ve physically become stronger and my fitness has improved (yes, my husband will be the first to testify and especially in regard to my improved bum), I find that my mental/emotional toughness has been the recipient off a massive dose of ass kicking as well. Life can be tough, situations can be challenging, and who would have thought my daily workout regime would help me through life’s daily grind. It certainly has, and I’m thankful for it.
Fusion instructors…every single one of you…the amount of work and energy you put into each class is not only noticeable but it’s wildly respected. There isn’t another group of instructors anywhere with such dedication and talent (and yes… sculpted, rock solid bodies of course). I admire you on all accounts and look forward to being led by you each day. Thank YOU for bringing your energy and genuine selves to class each day and for challenging me to a new level of me. Though I haven’t experienced ALL of the Fusion talent, I see many of you instructors quite regularly. Darby- you are a genius for starting and running this whole thing. I love seeing strong women run businesses well and you do just that. You should be very proud of what you’ve accomplished and feel so blessed to have all these women working on your team. Keep the gansta tunes rolling…this is my favorite Darby trademark. Amy Hodes…I love it when you refer to Fatty McFatterson in class. I laugh at your subtle humor and chalk it up to extra ab work. Erica- I watched you rock out 9 months of carrying a baby and an amazing bounce back which gives me hope for the day when I do the same. Sadie- you never let me get away with knee-pushups and I thank you for it. Francie- your gentle spirit compliments your crazy hard classes. Those one-leg burpees still give me nightmares. Jacqui- I’ll never forget my first circuit circus class- you encouraged me through every minute. Leeze- I just took my first class from you last week and it won’t be my last- such positive energy! Amy Person- you’ve taken on so much in the last year and I’m amazed at the way you deliver a consistent class every time. Brooke- I’ve always loved your smooth transitions in class but let’s be real…staring at your legs alone challenges me. Hope you all don’t get tired of me because chances are you’ll be seeing me just as much this year. Viva la Fusion (and yes, I typed this entire thing while holding plank position and in a 95 degree room…with two pound ankle weights). --JESSICA ROARK





 
 
To my fabulous Fusion instructors and friends: Simply put, you ladies are awesome. My few hours spent with you during the week make the rest of my week so much better, both physically and mentally. I truly have FUN sweating with you all, even when my body is being pushed to its max. I never thought I'd say this, but I feel stronger and more empowered AFTER having five kids now that I've discovered Fusion. Your knowledge in targeting all of the little muscles that most workouts overlook has helped me shave a full minute and a half off of my running time, and has helped me set new personal records with my running and endurance racing. I sincerely look forward to walking into the studio with the music blaring, busting out a little dance move, and getting down to business with my favorite instructors. Thank you....words can't do you justice. --ALLYSON CHENEY

 
 
 



 
 
The thing I love most about Fusion is that on top of vastly improving my athletic abilities and attitude towards fitness and health, it has been a constant in my life these past couple years that has given me confidence, mental strength, and a place where I come to find solace and feel like myself. Right before I found Fusion I experienced a major event in life that had sort of left me broken for a while. I am so thankful I came to that first class, searching for something I could do for me as I began to build myself up again, inside and out. I seriously credit the environment of inspiration and health, endurance and fun that has kept me coming back all this time with a lot of the strength I’ve gained during this climb. The sense of achievement and pride I feel each day walking out of the Fusion doors has helped me cope some really tough stuff—many mornings I’d make myself come here even though I wanted to lay in bed and feel sorry for myself—and all of those mornings were truly transforming for me.
I’ve been a gym gal since college, but never ever have I experienced anything close to the challenging, nearly impossible workouts here. (And I want to give a major shout out to the fact that you are the only trendy/artsy/progressive fitness studio here in KC—a—and b—that has CHILDCARE!!! And my kids really love coming.) I love the loud, funky music and vibe of a hip LA studio using all the new exercises you read about in Shape. I love the way all of the instructors are so focused on pushing each of us to go harder and farther than we would go on our own. When I first started I would literally have to take a nap in the afternoon I was so exhausted, and now I can even get through two classes (barely) when I’m feeling a little crazy. It makes me feel so good to see my defined arm muscles or get in that awesome breathing rhythm when I’m in the cardio zone. Instructors—you are all so full of personality and genuine love of what you do—I wonder sometimes how you’re always changing up the routine and finding new moves and keeping us all entertained day after day after day. I want to say THANK YOU to all of the women that keep Fusion rolling. You ladies know that we all love coming here, but I (we) want you to know how much of an impact you make on so many of us. From the everyday classes to the WLBC’s, you should know that lives, not just bodies, are being changed here in a big way. Thank you. –Annie Tumlin




Fusion Fitness is not only a place to "shock your body", but a place to become inspired, test your limits, work hard and appreciate all you are capable of achieving. The instructors truly care about each and every client and make sure no one leaves their class without dripping in sweat, sore from head to toe, and so proud of what they accomplished. My sister and I have been attending Fusion together since 2010. Not only has it been our special hour to spend together and workout, but it has also been our time to catch up, spend way too much money on Lululemon aka Fusion Uniform (you must feel cute while you workout) and continue to tell each other that THIS year we will have Sadie's abs by summer. A girl can dream, right?? Thank you so much to all the Fusion gals for continuing to challenge me and for always making my day a little brighter :) --MOLLY MCMAHON

 



 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m so incredibly thankful for Fusion! I have been a competitive figure skater since the age of 6. Long story short, normally people stop skating when they hit college, but I’ve kept it up because I have never found a workout that I loved to do as much as skating. After trying my first class with Brooke last February, I was instantly hooked. I’ve finally found something I love to do as much as skating! Your workouts combine my love for competition and perfection--looking around your class I am so motivated by the other ladies there. At first could never keep up in your class and was constantly going for my water bottle; those first few weeks I gave myself the goal of finishing 5 moves without stopping, then 10, then 15. Over the last few months I’ve found new ways to motivate myself to keep going with the help of the great Fusion instructors. Let me share a few I’ve learned here: I smile while I work out, I focus on inhaling and exhaling to ensure my muscles get the right level of oxygen, I gaze up at the ceiling which helps my breathing and form on my squats, I focus on my form, I try to match the pace of the girl in front of me, and when I’m about to quit I start to count down from 30 a little way into the exercise to push myself to at least do 30 more (although generally the instructor will start the 10 second countdown halfway through my count). I’m so unbelievably proud of myself every time I leave your classes. I am thankful EVERY DAY I am there. The best part is, doing Fusion has made me a better figure skater--my endurance is up so much since I first started, my legs are higher in my spiral, my skating is faster, and my muscle control is stronger which allows me to land more jumps. It’s made the sport I love even better. Thank you ladies (especially Jacqui, Sadie, Brooke, my regular instructors, and of course Darby, the genius behind it all!) On a side note, I’m super bummed this week that I’ve had to miss all my classes due to a sprained ankle, I’m looking forward to next week when I can get back in there and kick some butt! --AMY (HUBER) MORITZ


**WANT TO GIVE YOUR THANKS TO FUSION? EMAIL mariemonrovia@hotmail.com WITH YOUR STORY TO BE ADDED HERE. CHEERS!**

 

1 comment:

  1. OMG I have tears in my eyes! Thank you for your gratitude! Love you all! Keep pushing yourselves & showing off your rocking bodies and rocking personalities!
    xoxo-
    Darby

    ReplyDelete