Monday, June 25, 2012

Darby, Amy, and Sadie's LA Adventure



Take Off the Blinders and Slip On the Shades in LA



As many of you know this past week I, along with two other Fusion Fitness instructors Amy Hodes and Sadie Durbin, took a quick trip to LA to check out every studio we could squeeze into our schedule in two days. The workout marathon of 2012 was inspiring, eye opening and even somewhat self-indulgent (which we loved).


What was our purpose and why did we go?

The thing about Fusion Fitness is that it's like my baby, my middle child, that has the ability to keep me up at night and make me proud just like my two kids Dossi and Will do. And just like with kids, it would be nice to have a third eye to see what's going on from the outside and step away from the blinders of day to day life that tend to slip over my eyes. My everlasting goal is to consistantly present our studio in the best possible way and provide the most incredible, challenging, and fun fitness classes to our clients. Our trip to LA gave us the opportunity to actually be the client and get a 360 degree view of what it feels like to walk into a studio with fresh, excited eyes. So for our whirlwind two days, we took off the blinders and put on our shades in sunny Cali.


Not only did we get to experience a variety of studios and classes around the LA fitness scene, but we were also able to stop by and visit our friends at FabFitFun and see behind the scenes of Giuliana Rancic's fitness blog giant. (Check out our nod on the blog here.)


For the next 9 days I will be posting a review on each of the places that we visited. I will share with you what we loved and learned about the classes, and why certain things stuck out to us. Stay tuned for tomorrow's first stop!                                                                                                        
 ---Darby

1 comment:

  1. To quote Jenny G... I think we are all both excited and scared to see what you came back with!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete